Cardiac Rehabilitation Services
Longmont United Hospital's Cardiac Rehabilitation Services uses state-of-the-art
technology with a human touch. We provide personalized services that are
designed to help you recover faster from heart disease and regain a full,
Our program is medically supervised and requires a physician prescription.
The program is tailored for each patient to meet their specific rehabilitation
needs stemming from a health event. Using both exercise and education,
we strive to help improve the health and well-being of clients who have
had a heart event.
Our Cardiac Rehab Program
Clients in the cardiac rehab program will work on:
- Strengthening and conditioning of your heart and lungs
- Controlling your weight and improving your cholesterol levels
- Understanding your medications
- Knowing when to seek medical attention for heart concerns
- Increasing your self-confidence
- Reducing your symptoms and chances of having another heart event
- An earlier return to work and daily activities
- Developing coping and stress reduction skills as well as relaxation techniques
- Preventing future hospital stays and heart problems
At Longmont United Hospital, we help clients recover from a variety of
heart events. Cardiac rehab is an important part of your recover if you have had:
- Heart attack
- Coronary artery bypass surgery
- Congestive heart failure
- Cardiac valve surgery
- Stable angina
- Heart transplant
Meet the Cardiac Rehab Team:
Our team will help you reach your goals with a carefully designed program
that is tailored to your specific needs.
Our team includes:
- Registered nurses
- Clinical exercise physiologists
- Registered dietitians
- Social workers
Our team works together to assist you in your recovery from your heart
event. Our cardiac rehab program features monitored exercise sessions
in which we gradually increase the efficiency of your heart and strengthen
your body's muscles while gaining the confidence you need to return
to daily life.
In order to start your cardiac rehab program there are a few steps you
will need to take:
- Talk with your doctor or Cardiologist about how you could benefit from
the cardiac rehabilitation program.
- Obtain a referral from your physician.
- If you are ready to schedule a consultation or have questions about our
Cardiac Rehab program, call 303-678-4000.
For patients who have been admitted to our program, there are a few forms
you will need to fill out. You may wish to fill them out ahead of time
and complete them at your leisure. Print and complete the forms below
and bring them with you to your first visit.
Rate Your Plate Form
SMART Goals Form
Patient Health Questionnaire
For more information please contact the Cardiac Rehabilitation Department