The Homestead, a service of Longmont United Hospital
The Homestead, an adult day care service provided by Longmont United Hospital,
is supervised by professionals and trained volunteers. Seniors can socialize
and enjoy entertainment in a comfortable setting. They can participate
in planned activities and outings. Homestead was created to give the caregiver
time away from daily routine of watching a senior in your home. As much
as you love the person you are caring for, sometimes both of you need
some time apart.
For many, the Homestead actually becomes an extended family. New friendships
are formed. New skills are mastered. The stimulating environment and social
contact help Seniors maintain independence and lead meaningful lives.
The Homestead provides seniors with the following services:
- A wide variety of activities, entertainment and outings
- Supervision by professional, caring staff and trained volunteers
- Nutritious lunches and snacks
- Assistance and/or referral to appropriate agencies for needed services
- Transportation arrangements
- The Companion Center is a special Alzheimer’s program available weekdays
from 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.