Finding the Right Cancer Care Specialist
Selecting a cancer specialist is an important decision for they will guide you in learning more about options for cancer treatment. When choosing your specialist you may want to consider:
- How close is the Specialist to your home or work place?
- How close are all the diagnosis and treatment facilities to your home and the physician?
- Is the staff friendly and dedicated in meeting your needs as a patient?
- Do you feel comfortable asking the Specialist questions?
- May you include your family in all education presentations or appointments?
We hope these questions will help guide you your selection of a Specialist.
Questions Patients Might Ask Their Doctor
- What kind of cancer do I have?
- What stage is my cancer?
- What is my prognosis?
- What are my treatment options?
- Can I continue working; how will the treatment affect my daily life?
- What are the expected side effects of my treatments?
- Will I lose my hair?
- What will happen if I choose not to have treatment?
- Should I get a second opinion?
- What are the financial costs and will my insurance cover the recommended treatments?