Questions to Ask Your Doctor
Preparing for your initial appointment
If you think Essure might be right for you, schedule a consultation with an Essure-certified doctor. This consultation is an opportunity to educate yourself about Essure and ask questions. Use the following list as a starting point and add any questions of your own:
- Do you perform the Essure procedure here in your office?
- How long does it take you to perform the Essure procedure?
- Will I need medications before, during or after the procedure? If so, which ones do you recommend?
- What can I expect on the day of the procedure?
- Do I need any special preparations the night before or morning of the procedure?
- Is there a recovery period with Essure? What can I expect?
- Can I drive myself home after the procedure?
- What will be my options if both inserts cannot be placed on my first visit?
- Who will perform my Essure Confirmation Test and how should I schedule it?
- Can I continue using my current birth control during the three months between the procedure and the Essure Confirmation Test?
- Tell me about your other patients’ experiences with Essure.