What Reflux (GERD) Treatment Options Are Available?
When first diagnosed, GERD treatment typically involves a combination of lifestyle and dietary changes, over-the-counter (OTC) medications, and prescription drug regimens. As the disease progresses, to correct the root cause, an anatomic defect at the gastroesophageal junction, you and your doctor may want to consider surgical intervention, either a laparoscopic procedure or the incisionless procedure called TIF (Transoral Incisionless Fundoplication).
- Lifestyle /dietary changes
- Over-the-counter medications
- Prescription pharmaceuticals
- Surgical intervention, either:
- Laparoscopic surgery (laparoscopic fundoplication)
- Incisionless surgery (incisionless fundoplication)
For more information on the TIF procedure, view this site: www.GERDHelp.com.